Are you looking for your next challenge in the translation industry?
We have a fantastic Vendor Management opportunity!
We’re an award-winning, B Corp accredited, UK-based translation agency and we’re on the hunt for a dedicated Vendor Manager on either a fully remote or hybrid basis.
This is a brand-new role for us and comes at an exciting time as we look to further expand our global freelance supplier network in line with the growth of our business and the new service offerings that are in the pipeline.
The long-standing relationships we’ve developed with our linguists are core to our success. We simply couldn’t provide the range of services we do without them!
Our Vendor Manager will not only nurture these existing relationships but will be responsible for recruiting and onboarding new suppliers and partners too.
As a senior member of the team, the Vendor Manager will also have the opportunity to contribute ideas and help shape the future of the company as we continue to grow and branch out in new directions. And as a strong team player, they will be encouraged to share their industry experience and creative thinking across all relevant areas including project management, account (partnerships) management, new business, and marketing.
What we do
We provide over 20 different translation and localisation services to help our clients thrive and grow on the international stage. Working with our network of global linguists, we enable our clients to expand their global reach through high quality translations across marketing, internal comms, video localisation, learning and development, multilingual publishing, legal documentation, cultural strategy, interpreting and much, much more!
We’ve been in business for 40 years and we’re the trusted translation partner to an ever-expanding portfolio of worldwide brands from an exciting and diverse range of sectors including fashion, finance, medicine and manufacturing.
With our recent B Corp certification, we want to continue to tangibly demonstrate our commitment to being a force for good in the business world. Making sure our suppliers are well looked is a big part of that commitment.
And with a dedicated Vendor Manager at the helm of our supplier network we’ll be able to put new strategies in place to strengthen our partner relationships and position as the number one translation agency in the hearts and minds of our linguists and wider freelance team.
The Vendor Manager role
It’s said that variety is the spice of life and there will be plenty of it in this role! From working with the marketing team on projects to engage linguists, organising supplier events, or analysing feedback from supplier surveys, to recruiting new freelancers, attending a networking event, or evaluating vendor performance, every day will provide an opportunity to learn and grow.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Managing the network of freelance suppliers.
- Managing the recruitment of linguists and other partners to support the delivery of our services (e.g., translators, interpreters, and other language professionals).
- Writing and publishing engaging job postings to support recruitment.
- Screening supplier applicants to see if they meet requirements.
- Onboarding new linguists.
- Maintaining the supplier database to ensure it holds the latest information on partners’ experience and skills.
- Allocating appropriate linguists to projects by working closely with the client services team.
- Conducting rate negotiations with prospective and established linguists.
- Reporting, tracking and evaluating vendor performance.
- Providing recruitment reports to senior management.
- Devising and implementing recruitment campaigns with the wider team.
- Working with the marketing team to organise on-line and face-to-face supplier events.
- Analysing survey reports from the freelance network.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years’ experience in the translation industry which includes a role which has involved vendor management
- Translation Degree at BA or Masters level (or similar qualification).
- Excellent communication skills in English (C1-C2 level).
- Good understanding of the language industry recruitment process.
- Genuine people person who enjoys building rapport.
- Knowledge of CAT tools. (Training on specific CAT tools will be provided if necessary.)
- Ability to engage with people via recruitment platforms, social media and other channels.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confident negotiator with a commitment to professional levels of customer service.
- Proficient computer MS Office skills, above all, MS Excel.
- A creative, resourceful team player with an enthusiastic outlook.
Our Team benefits and perks
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and skills, alongside a wealth of other perks, including a detailed employee development programme to grow your career, a comprehensive training package and plenty of team socials!
- Performance bonus
- Medical insurance.
- This is a hybrid role that offers a mix of remote and in-office work.*
- A comprehensive ongoing training programme with plenty of opportunities to broaden and develop skills – we are firmly committed to the growth and development of our people.
- Great career progression.
- A friendly, people-centric supportive culture.
- Well-being programmes and social events.
- A varied and challenging role – no one day is the same!
- Casual dress.
- Referral programme.
- Relocation assistance.
*While the role allows for flexibility in terms of remote work, we require the candidate to be based in the UK so that they can come into the office when needed. This will allow for effective collaboration with colleagues and ensure that the team can work together seamlessly. We value face-to-face interactions and believe they are important for building strong working relationships and a productive team dynamic.
As we continue to expand across a global marketplace, this is a wonderful opportunity to join a well-established, friendly, B-Corp-certified company (meaning we meet the highest standards of social and environmental impact) and become part of our brilliant team!