Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager takes responsibility for getting projects delivered to the client. Leads the project team and the account by utilizing a proactive approach; challenging, rather than accepting the status quo. Owns the overall process starting with all phases of the project lifecycle, beginning with workflow planning, defining production team roles and responsibilities, project formation and initiation, client communication, and client satisfaction on final deliverables. The Senior Project Manager manages the financial aspects of assigned projects to ensure that budgetary constraints are adhered to and that project margins are achieved. The Senior Project Managers reports to the Customer Relations Manager.
The ideal candidate is fluent in English and one additional local language, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is a strong team player, and has a minimum of 4 years of experience in localization of multimedia content, marketing and technical documents.
- Takes responsibility for the entire workflow of the project, from planning, scheduling and costing projects, defining processes, providing on-going communication, managing project teams, and internal and external resources.
- Supports the project team through developing effective project delivery solutions/proposals, including quotas and revenue margin projections.
- Creates and oversee project plans and schedules, based on client-specific requirements.
- Allocates essential project resources (people, tools, hardware, software, translation partners).
- Ensures quality and timelines of project team's deliveries, responsiveness and professional treatment of both external and internal clients.
- Prepares and trains project team members on client specific processes
- Creates quotes, achieve profitability, by control of project budgets, including cost tracking, purchase orders, invoices and approvals.
- Identifies and analyzes project risks, define and communicate to all stakeholders the mitigation actions.
- Prepares reports and provide weekly feedback regarding progress/forecast of work, status of KPIs, escalation of issues, management support and resources needed.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, and monitors, the work of project team members for assigned project.
- Maximizes utilization of team members. Prepare alternative work for periods without billable projects by planning for cross-training, career development activities, or resource sharing.
- Trains all team members. Ensure all project members can competently execute their role on the project.
- Helps create and contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve project management process as identified by the organization.
- Leads project meetings and conference calls. Including project kick-off meetings, weekly, ad-hoc, and post mortems. Ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed, manages the delivery of agreed upon action items.
- Controls all aspects of financial management throughout the entire lifecycle of projects including preparation of proposals and quotations.
- Monitor vendor service level agreements and reports in key performance indicators
- Support development and training of customers’ subject matter experts and reviewers
- Provide day-to-day leadership of Project Coordinators and Project Managers as assigned based upon project requirements and resource availability
Required Skill Set
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience in localization
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent in translation or linguistics preferred
- Fluent in English and one additional language preferred
- Experience with managing multiple priorities, distributed resources, and meeting hard deadlines across time zones
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Modifying approach to meet the needs of different personalities and organizational roles. (Examples include IT, sales, marketing, executives, etc.)
- Ability to work inclusively as part of a virtual diverse global team
- Computer literate and fluent in utilization of commonly used localization tools, such as XTM, Plunet, MemoQ, or other translation management systems, XML editors and others.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills, and able to identify solutions to address root causes.
- Competency in deploying quality control and assurance processes
- Ability to give clear and concise feedback to improve performance, or reinforce effective performance to internal and external team members