Vistatec Google LRS Production team has an opening for a Project Manager. This role involves direct client communications as primary POC for specific product lines as well as support to other PM team members when volumes peak on different accounts. PMs also interact with reviewer teams and the production team as a whole.
Most projects are processed automatically from start to finish with little oversight required. Our goal is to increase automation where possible so we can focus on quality and strengthening relationships within our team, with our vendors and with our client. Our PMs, PCs and PAs work primarily on managing exceptions, especially urgent requests and improving processes and tools for constant increased efficiency.
Our team works as a global team, with PM support covering all time zones. We have hundreds of linguists who are dedicated specifically to our program. We work hard to train and develop our resources and maintain very low turnover as compared to the industry standard.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary POC for specific set of products and client contacts
- Daily monitoring for urgent and non-standard client requests
- Daily follow up requests from PMs in other time zones
- Working with Vistatec specific applications
- Learning and working with client-specific tools
- Basic troubleshooting of internal and client specific tools
- Systematic check of project assets to address issues proactively
- Query delegation
- Provide troubleshooting for linguists and clients
- Documenting processes, implementing improvements to training materials
- Understanding/experience working with more than one language/culture
- Previous translation or localization experience, 5+ years desired
- Previous Localization Project Management experience desired
- Time management skills
- Mid-Level experience using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Calendar
- Self-sufficient and reliable, ability and willingness to learn new tools
- Fluent in English
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing (English) and face-to-face online.
- Technical proficiency working with and troubleshooting different computer platforms, tools and ability to understand proprietary systems.
Ideally, the candidate will have/be:
- Previous face to face communications with clients over video chat
- Experience with Google online tools such as Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Flexibility with working hours, preferably willing to work longer afternoons (6-7PM)
- Documenting process
- Working in a quality certified environment also a plus (ISO, etc.)
- Negotiation skills are a plus!