What you’ll do
This role will lead and direct the global Quality team while implementing and maintaining linguistics quality management methodology. In this role, you will be responsible for the quality management initiatives across the organization. This role will provide crucial support, tools, and knowledge to ensure quality measures scale in line with company growth and business goals.
This includes, but not limited to, addressing program quality design, specifically during onboarding. Overseeing reoccurring and proactive quality audits performed by the team, overseeing the management of the retained resources for key languages.
- Program quality design for customer onboarding
- Quality management, assessment, & audits
- Sets strategic goals for the Quality team.
- Understands corporate goals, align and leads their people in activities to meet them.
- Is bought into and achieves buy-in from their team on cross functional initiatives that are aligned to corporate goals; drives the implementation of such cross-functional initiatives with manager level and above.
- Builds and fully understands the budget governing their function and makes informed decisions on staffing, headcount and costs within budget constraints.
- Creates ROI for initiatives, along with SCR to advocate for changes or updates to budget, process or other to achieve functional goals.
- Leads the hiring plan and recruitment for their functional group.
- Seeks out new strategies and initiatives to manage costs to optimize margin.
- Drives the execution of cost control initiatives; assembles team(s) of appropriate stakeholders, and effectively manages their contributions to achieve timely progress on goals and overall delivery and results.
- Designs and maintains the framework for measuring and monitoring team performance to their internal KPIs. Enforces this with direct reports, including middle managers, with extreme rigor as an ongoing concern.
- Proactively address performance shortfalls (SLAs, KPIs, Revenue, Margin) to the business, including the executive team, with SCRs, RCA, CAPA. Takes extreme ownership of driving resolutions to improve execution to desired standards / goals.
- Challenges the status quo and takes bold steps to address unresolved and lagging performance issues.
- Seeks out growth opportunities with existing customers, and is able to orientate service offering(s), resourcing and other production strategies towards capitalizing on upsell/expansion activities.
- Development of new quality management features, tools and workflows
- Resource management for key languages (JA, DE, FR)
- Linguist performance management (OTD, QRMS, error rates)
- Desktop publishing quality and vendor management
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
Successful candidates will have:
- BA/BS degree
- MBA is preferred
- 5+ years’ related experience in a project or program management role.
- 7+ years’ related experience in managing direct reports. Experience managing global direct reports is a plus.
- Organizational skills including attention to detail and quality assessment.
- Solid knowledge of localization and website translation project management is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous experience leading teams and driving success in others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.