Localization Engineering Director
We are working with a company who innovate and are experienced and committed to their clients and employees. Providing digital state-of-the-art solutions that are both universal and tailored to their individual client needs..
Working with a company that give you the space to grow and the opportunity to develop an international career in a multicultural environment.
They are looking for a Director of Global Engineering who will form a core member of the Global Delivery Team. Being responsible for providing great service to clients through leading a Loc Engineering team and developing process strategy.
- You will lead the engineering localization of content including software, help, documentation, E-learning and global deployments.
- Manage the pre and post-processing of source files for translation and localization using state-of-the-art tools.
- Coordinate tasks and projects as needed across teams and geographies.
- Effectively interact and communicate within all levels of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required ideally including some subject area experience relevant to globalization, internationalization, culture or language. Or 8+ years of on the job experience.
- Strong understanding of industry standard localization and processing tools and solutions.
- Top notch verbal, written and presentational communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of programming languages such as Visual C++, Java and other similar languages. In addition to CAT, MT, Multimedia, CMS and LMS tools.
- Ability to read & edit source code, develop macros, and debug resources.
- Excellent understanding of Internationalization/localization processes and methodologies. Especially s/w development methodologies and how they impact the global release process.
- Experience with working with version control systems, such as GIT, TFS, etc.and integration of same into localization workflows.
- Supporting customer solution development, and evaluation of build vs buy options.
- Proven track record managing multiple, cross-cultural vendors and contractors.
- Technical understanding of software I18N, Test and Release processes.
- Strong software understanding, logical analysis and troubleshooting.
- Engineering analysis/quote preparation for all content types (s/w E-learning, doc, etc) with special attention to complex areas that require special attention in the localization delivery process.
- Must exhibit a high degree of accountability and leadership.
Salary of up to €85k - €90k for the right candidate.