Our award-winning business is growing and we’re building our team!
Who are we?
Having been in business for 40+ years, and with more than 200 languages in our repertoire, we are the trusted translation partner to an ever-expanding line up of worldwide brands. From fashion and finance to medicine and manufacturing, our client list is extremely varied, and no two days are ever the same! Our young and vibrant team love this variety and enjoy welcoming and supporting new members of the team.
What do we do?
We provide world-class translation and localisation services to businesses of all shapes and sizes so they can expand global reach, grow their customer base and deliver fully inclusive communications to global teams. Working with an exceptional network of linguists we help brands produce multi-lingual marketing campaigns across social media, websites, mobile apps, video and print and help them deliver word-perfect training programmes and eLearning courses for international audiences.
What are our values?
We’re a B Corp accredited company, which proves we meet high standards of positive social and environmental impact – it’s something we’re very proud of as it shows we truly care about our people, our partners and the planet. It also means we truly care about our staff to feel fully supported so they can bring their best self to work. Our culture is fast paced but also fun and collaborative and one where we put as much importance on our employees succeeding as we do on our client’s satisfaction.
Grow your career with us
We have a strong culture of promoting from within, so your career development is as important to us, as it is to you. Once in post, you’ll be fully supported as you learn, gain in confidence and develop your skills. So, if you’re a strong communicator, looking for your next challenge in the professional services sector, we’d like to hear from you.
Task and responsibilities of a Business Development Manager
- Acquisition/hunter sales to net new customers meeting the Ideal Customer Profile
- Market analysis to identify potential business opportunities in your territory from lead generation to closing
- Identify prospects and begin the outreach process through cold calling, email, and F2F meetings, utilizing all available tools and techniques
- Build and maintain client relationships
To succeed in this role, confidence is a must; as is a willingness to learn, a keen eye for detail and the ability to remain organised in a fast-paced working environment that’s different every day. An interest in language, culture and the wider world is essential, but we don’t need you to be able to translate – we have people for that!
Candidates must be:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Willing to learn and proactive
- Conscientious, resourceful and results focused
- Self-disciplined and accountable
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales
- Fluency in English
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and skills, alongside a wealth of other perks, including a detailed employee development programme to kick start and grow your career, a comprehensive training package and plenty of team socials.
- Performance bonus – typically 10%+ of salary.
- Ongoing training programme with plenty of opportunities to broaden and develop skills – we invest in our people.
- Great career progression.
- A friendly, people-centric supportive culture.
- Well-being programmes and social events
- A varied and challenging role – no one day is the same!
- Hybrid working arrangement depending on level of experience and training requirements
- Casual dress
- Referral programme
- Relocation assistance
- As we continue to expand across a global marketplace, this is a genuinely wonderful opportunity to join a well-established, B-Corp-certified company and become part of a brilliantly friendly and totally supportive team!