A leading global LSP is looking for a generalist Business Development Manager to focus on multiple verticals. The position is remote based but the Ideal candidate needs to be located on either the east or west coast of the United States. The successful candidate will have an aggressive hunting mentality and a track record of success in a sales role.Base salary ranges from $70k-$85k depending upon experience. OTE of 150k+.
The Essential Responsibilities of the role include:
- Identifying appropriate target list, ensuring they are in line with the company's ideal customer criteria and business acquisition goals
- Setting and achieving weekly personal targets, which will lead to the achievement of sales goals.
- Working with various colleagues and resources to develop solutions that will meet prospective customer’s business goals.
- Leading the business development cycle and coordinate the participation of ideal resources from Marketing, Executive sponsors, Sales management, Production experts and Solutions architects; drive the business development cycle to completion with targeted prospects from target verticals.
- Log and maintain all contacts into sales database, ensuring they are constantly up-to-date and perform regular reporting as required by management
- Follow-up on all Sales leads, and develop ongoing relationships with prospects to position our company as the vendor of choice when an opportunity arises
- Ensure that pricing levels negotiated with the customer meet a corporate target profit level, and (re)negotiates contracts as appropriate
- Negotiate favorable terms for master services agreements with major clients, often in the range of $500,000+ in revenue
- Travel to prospects and new clients as necessary