Vendor Management Team Lead
About the Role
This is a Vendor Management Team Lead position based full-time in the office of our client in the Stuttgart area. Home Office is allowed for few days a month, and having people in house as much as possible is a requirement for our client.
With more than 150 employees in Europe and several thousands technical translators worldwide, our client is one of the largest German translation service providers. Their customers include many large globally active companies. They are renowned for the quality of their translations as well as their excellent IT-driven project management, efficiency and speed.
- Lead a team of 3 vendor managers and other support staff to ensure effective and efficient management of vendor relationships
- Develop and apply vendor management strategies to optimize procurement costs, ensure quality of deliveries and evaluate vendor performance.
- Identify and select suitable suppliers and contractors, considering quality standards, pricing, delivery times and other relevant criteria.
- Negotiate and conclude contracts and agreements with suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance, perform evaluations, and develop solutions to problems and implement measures to improve performance.
- You maintain good relationships with suppliers to foster long-term cooperation and partnership.
- Over 5 years LSP experience
- At least 3 years of experience in vendor management or a similar function
- You have a sound understanding of procurement processes, contract negotiations and supplier management
- You have already led teams